COVID-19 UPDATE: HOW FLOORING AMERICA IS PREPARING AND RESPONDING
At Carpet Club Flooring America, we are a locally-owned family company, guided by the principle of being the place where friends send friends. We want to let you know we’re thinking about all of you – our people, our customers, our suppliers, and our community – as we work through the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand the role we play in the community we serve and will do everything we can to continue our operations during this time without interruption. We recognize the heightened concern and are doing everything we can to protect our customers and employees. In uncertain times like these, we must be there for one another. The effects will be far reaching and in response, we all need to think sensibly and empathetically. By following the latest trusted science and leading with our hearts, we will get through this together.
How are we addressing safety concerns regarding COVID-19?
As part of our everyday practices, we follow strict safety policies and procedures, above and beyond what is required of us to ensure a safe environment for all. We continue to reinforce employee education regarding viral prevention and encouraging them to stay home when they don’t feel well. Still, we are taking additional measures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers. While not an exhaustive list, our responses to the virus are as follows:
- Offering free shop-at-home services and private appointments to customers who prefer not to visit our store.
- As part of our normal practice, our stores and warehouse facilities are cleaned and sanitized daily. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance in stores and warehouses.
- Stepping up our efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like workstations, door handles, and bathrooms, as well as posting signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
- Added additional hand sanitizer stations at work stations and at our entrance.
- Ensure our installers are strictly following CDC guidelines for washing hands and maintaining proper hygiene.
- We’re encouraging associates who are sick to stay home.
Scheduled Installations & In-Home Measures:
If customers have an installation or other in-home measurement scheduled, there should be no interruption in that service. We've advised all in-home associates, installation crews and service teams to follow everyday preventive actions including washing hands often, disinfecting frequently touched objects, and carrying hand sanitizer.
We’re grateful to you, our valued customer. We are staying in close contact with the CDC as this situation changes and will continue to ensure our business practices and other measures for the safety of our customers and associates are consistent with the most up-to-date information.